Palm Springs is literally your amazing LOCAL weekly social distancing event to go to! There are not a ton of local social distancing events going on right now (besides going to the grocery store and getting out of the desert). But this is an ideal “to do” if you need a little reminder that we are all in this together!
The Palm Springs Cultural Center Drive-In Experience invites to step back in time under the starlit Palm Springs night and re-live the magic of yesteryear with a modern pop-up cinematic twist! They have ALL kind of movies and the wonderful ‘double feature’ treats to choose from.
July 31 – Jurassic Park
August 1 – Double Feature: The Terminator 1 + 2
August 2 – SHREK
August 7 – American Grafitti
August 8 – Double Feature: Heavy Metal / Cool World
August 9 – Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
August 14 – South Park: BIGGER, LONGER, and UNCUT
August 15 – CABARET & CHICAGO
August 16 – Pitch Perfect
August 17 – Andy Samberg’s Palm Springs
You can choose from:
- Section 1: BYOChair- Bring your own chair for an up close and personal outdoor “reclined” experience. ($30)
- Section 2: Picnic Tables – Seat you and your close friends and family outside near the screen at a picnic table- comes with an FM Radio. Tables seats 6 comfortably. Does not include a parked car viewing spot- cars must be parked on side lot where directed on arrival. ($50)
- Section 3 : Front Row Car Spots – Park your car in the front two car rows. FM Radio not included – $5 FM Radios available for rent. ($40)
- Section 4 : Standard Car Spots – Park your car in the middle two car rows. FM Radio not included – $5 FM Radios available for rent. ($30)
- Section 5 : Backlot . FM Radio not included – $5 FM Radios available for rent. ($15)
The DRIVE-IN LOT OPENS AT 7:30 PM! FILM SCREENS AT 8:45 PM . Come early and take advantage of our full concessions- including popcorn and frozen sweetie treaties!
Reservations are for a section ( such as picnic table/ premium etc.) Upon arrival- when you check in with an attendant you will choose your spot within that section appropriately physically distanced from another vehicle. Physical spots will fill in on a first come- first serve basis within the section you purchased.
Also a quick reminder that it’s not just hot! It’s super hot. If you decide to turn your car on to cool off- great! But they encourage you to turn on within reason and to limit your time in consideration of fellow attendees sitting outside due to the ambient noise created by the engines.
To Reserve Tickets go to their eventbrite or to Facebook links.
Let us know if you go…and how you like it!
Stay hydrated! 🙂